- Manager, booking agent and merchandise “queen”
- Born in Wailuku, Maui, Hawaii.
- I am a wife and mother of six children. I worked as a high school librarian before I joined the ministry of Christafari full-time in 2013.
- God has shown me mercy and grace. Jesus was real to me when I called upon His name. He met me where I was at and showed me forgiveness.
- I met Christafari in 2011 at a live show in Maui, Hawaii. I was immediately drawn to the founder Mark Mohr because of our similar drug history. I immediately was drawn to the idea of leading others to Christ through the gospel reggae music of Christafari. I started volunteering to sell merchandise at all the shows in Maui then in Oahu. A friendship was born and I knew God would use me through this ministry.
- I love Hawaiian food like Kalua Pig, Laulau, Lomi Salmon and Poi
- I enjoying going to the movies with my family
- I’m passionate about using my testimony to impact others for Jesus Christ, especially youth. I love sharing my past to encourage others and bring hope. Most importantly, I want everyone to know how much I love God and want to serve Him.
- My role with Christafari is one that doesn’t pertain to the stage. I feel what distinguishes me from the rest of the band is my testimony. I’m God’s trophy of grace.
- I graduated from Lahainaluna High School, the oldest school west of the Rocky Mountains. In college I studied Hawaiian History and Hawaiian Ethnobotany (the study of native, indigenous and Polynesian introduced plants found only in Hawaii).
- Favorite Quote: “Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. Don’t waste your pain; use it to help others.” – Rick Warren
- Favorite Verse: “Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” – Matthew 19:26
- HE>teenage pregnancy, Crystal Meth and drug addiction.
CLICK HERE to make a donation to Torie Ho’opi’i’s missions fund as she continues to minister as a key member of this fruitful ministry!