- Lead Vocals/Founder/Producer
- Born in Los Angeles California
- Introduced to reggae on a trip to Jamaica at the age of 15
- Accepted Christ at the age of four but strayed away in his teens with drugs and rebellion. He came back to Christ at 17 at a youth camp after connecting with a reggae listener that exemplified Christ’s love.
- Started Christafari in 1989 at a youth camp.
- His favorite sanctuary is long-boarding Bluff cove with his friends—He calls this fellowship time his “Board Meetings”.
- Loves to go out on dates with his wife Avion and daughter Ziza and eat Ethiopian food.
- Went to the Bible Institute of Los Angeles (BIOLA), is a pastor and has a passion for reaching this generation with the gospel of Jesus Christ in a relevant way.
- Thrives on spontaneity and reading the crowd so he never sticks to the setlist.
- Favorite Bible verse is Matthew 6:33 “But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.”
- HE>drug addiction
CLICK HERE to make a donation to Mark & Avion’s missions fund as they continue to minister as global missionaries through this fruitful ministry!